Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lana, Ilya and Lielle

In life there are times where you wish you could have a do-over. Ya know, one of those times where you could go back in time and you could do things differently. Or even just go back and tell yourself what you really need to know.
This is one those times.
Last weekend I had the awesome privilege of spending time with one of my high school classmates. But the truth is, during high school, I really didn't get to know her. I knew she was beautiful and sweet, but that's pretty much where it stayed. Cue why I wish I had a do-over.
I spent time in awe. In awe of how beautiful her family is. In awe of the way she adores her little girl. In awe of the way her awesome husband, Ilya, loves these beautiful ladies in his life. And I learned a lot about Lana. I learned that she grew up in Belarus, and so did her husband. They both speak fluent Russian and are teaching their precious little Lielle. (And seriously, Lana, if you're up for the challenge, I'd love for you to teach me...)
I walked out of their precious apartment joyous and sad. I was thrilled that I got to capture this beautiful love that they shared. I was loving the Russian phrases that danced through my mind. I was so happy to get to see a much better glimpse of who she is. But I was sad. Sad that in 4 years I hadn't even bothered to get to know such a wonderful person, but incredibly grateful that God gave me another chance.
Thank you Lielle, Ilya and Lana for letting me join your precious family that afternoon. I'm so grateful for our time together...
















What an awesome/gorgeous couple!!!








1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures and LOVE the product placement for Goody. Can we discuss using some of these pics at work? Not sure how that will work but let's discuss...

    ReplyDelete