Monday, February 8, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

I never really liked The Sound of Music... And yes, I've been ridiculed for this. Something about those hills being alive just weirded me out. But one good thing did come out of it, or at least one haunting thing that is forever stuck in my mind...the song, "These are a Few of My Favorite Things." So as a Sound of Music throwback, today I'm going to share a few of my favorite things... (and one common theme - they all involve the gorgeous ladies that follow in pictures)

Starbucks dates...with them. And scones. Definitely scones...but only blueberry or pumpkin. None of the maple pecan nonsense.
Random acts of Ethel's Chocolates and fondue. My heart is still aching that it closed in Naperville...
Broomball, even though I have no skills in that game. Except the skill of falling. A lot. ("Not in my house...")
HoneyRock retreats
Hearing their stories, listening to their lives, learning about their hearts for their friends.
Short catch-ups on Sunday mornings.
Running into trees while tubing... Actually, running into one tree right between my legs and stopping 4 people. Okay, this is funny now...not so much then. Wait, it was funny then. But much more painful.

My list could keep going on, but let's get on to the pictures...


Maddie, Taylor and Raegan, thanks for being willing to be my models. You ladies are gorgeous. And it made my heart so happy to be able to spend time with you guys. You are so precious to me, it's out of control. Thanks for sharing life with me. I adore you ladies!

Oh yes...there's some serious gorgeous going on here...




















Some sister pics...


If you guys ever have a girl band, this needs to be your album cover.


One of my favorites. Because I love laughing with them...

1 comment: