Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Struggle

This has been a week of tears. And not so much sad tears, but tears of joy, tears of "are you serious, God?", tears of longing, tears that come when you trust and yet everything just is uncertain.
I've learned incredibly valuable things. I've met incredible people. And I've managed to live off of one actual meal a day.
I still don't know how we'll pay for this. But this...this is worth fighting for. Because capturing the love of two people is worth it. Telling the stories of others is worth it. Telling the untold stories of the overlooked is worth it. Taking pictures that spark things deep within others is worth it. And I will fight and I will struggle and I will hopefully come out telling. And it will be worth the meals I missed, the tears I cried and the ache I've had for my husband and my beautiful kids. Somehow, I'm going to be a part of a revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment