Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To my favorite little people ever...

Dear Favorite Little People Ever,

I'm sure you've noticed.  I know you wouldn't say anything, but deep inside, I know you know.  Mommy has been tired.
I forgot how precious you two are.
I forgot that I love you a gazillion times over.
I forgot how beautiful your curiosity is.
I lost my way.
But I'm coming back. 
Because I realize you two are two of the greatest things that ever happened to me.  (Besides that awesome daddy of yours)
And I want to soak up every last bike ride, race to whatever wall you can run into, game of hide-and-seek in which you hide in the exact same place 15 times in a row, every giggle, every cry for Elmo (your BFF), every made up song, every grunt that you seem to think I should be able to translate, and every smile you share.
I love you two to the moon and back.
At least four times over.
And I will be present in this moment.
And I will cherish the gift it is that you would share your lives with me.
And today I pledge I will read that story "one more time" and I will give you chocolate chips and listen to your silly songs intently.  Because this moment is beautiful.  Just like you.

I love you with everything I've got,
Mommy






1 comment:

  1. I found your blog :)!
    LOVE your precious little ones!
    What a Blessed Mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete