Monday, November 1, 2010

Yackety-schmakety

This is sometimes an on-line journal of sorts for me. 
And today is that kind of a day.
The past five years of life have been __________ (insert word here that captures the essence of difficult, different, beautiful, sacred, painful, growth-filled and so much more.  And yes, if you find that one word, please email me - I beg you)
And I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been hard.
The past few months I've been realizing there is a lot I need to sit with. 
And even in the discouraging moments, I keep having this vision that we (our family) has this love that could take all the pain and hard that we've been dealt and that we've oftentimes dealt each other - and swallow it.  Gone.  Maybe in sips and slurps, but gone.  Not that it wouldn't be a part of our story, but that the pain side of it would be gone.  Because - that's the love we have; that's what this whole Jesus story is about.
Tonight I facebook stalked a friend.  A friend who's been on this kind of journey and has seen/is seeing that it is possible.  I saw this quote, and I just felt like I had to share it:

What appears to be disaster over time becomes a strong foundation for a life well lived.
~Rachel Naomi Remen


This gave me courage.
I hope it does the same for you.
And though I fretted over whether to post or not to post this because it's well - uncomfortable, I feel like there is someone out there that needs to know she's not alone.  So if you are out there - just know.  You're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment