Sunday, January 23, 2011

Remember?

Do you remember that time that I looked you in the eyes and whispered the words, "I love you..." into your ear for the very first time?  (PS: You swear I said it first, but I didn't.  You totally said it the week before.)
I do.
Remember the night you proposed in the middle of downtown and the guy eating his fried chicken then took our first engagement picture?  (How funny that now I take pictures...)
I do.
Remember that day when I looked at your hopelessly on our honeymoon and told you I wanted to die because I had to get a shot in the butt from the hotel doctor in Mexico and you just laughed and crutched (probably not a word - but since you broke your foot, I can't exactly say that you walked...) your way down to the lobby with a backpack on to buy me snacks from the gift shop?  (And on your honeymoon, you laid there with me while we watched movies hour after hour with Spanish subtitles because I was too weak to stand?)
I do.
Remember those 9 months when I basically dropped off the face of the earth while puking so much I clogged a toilet and you stood by my side and listened as I whined for hours on end?
I do.
Remember the day when the car broke down in the middle of the cemetery at a funeral and you came rushing to get me?  Remember how I fell into a heap and you just held me close?
I do.
Remember that time you worked so hard to buy a D-SLR camera for my birthday because you knew I desperately wanted one and I then tried to take it back because I didn't have a business and it was too much money and you looked at me and told me there was no way I was taking it back and I'd just have to deal.
I do.
Remember those weeks this summer when I couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes and during the busy season at work, you still managed to work and watch the kids by yourself pretty much all day?
I do.
Remember those nights I questioned if I could even do this - or if I was just delusional - and you told me that it wasn't a matter of can or can't...I already was...?
I do.

Thank you for these memories and so many more.  I don't know what I'd ever do without you.  And though I don't even begin to say it enough - know that I remember.  And I cherish...

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Will you write for me and capture my life? You're Sooo natural and great atit. Ted is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete